Towns County Sheriff's Office
A month-long investigation into drug activity in the Bugscuffle area resulted in a traffic stop on Sunday December 17th at the intersection of Main Street and Bell Creek Road in the City of Hiawassee.
Concentrated patrols in the Bugscuffle area identified drug activity. Probable cause was developed, and a search of the vehicle resulted in the confiscation of Methamphetamine that field tested positive as well as a handgun.
The occupant of the vehicle was determined to be a convicted felon and was arrested.
William David Ledford, age 48, Hiawassee was charged with:
• Felony Possession of Methamphetamine with Intent to Distribute
• Felony Possession of Methamphetamine
• Felony Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
• Felony Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Crime
• Possession and Use of Drug Related Objects
Sheriff Ken Henderson commends the hard work of our drug investigators and patrol deputies for their continuing success in our fight against drugs.
*All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.*